Slow antivirus update over weekends?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Slow antivirus update over weekends?

L2 Linker

Hi all,

first thing to do when arriving to work on mondays, is to check status for the weekends activity, and update antivirus signatures.
Most recent update was Friday before lunch - no new antivirus signature files over the weekend. Does this mean there has been detecten do new viruses - or does the 'antivirus team' have the weekend off?
We are not comfortable running three days without new antivirus signatures.

And; when does a malicious classification move from a Wildfire signature to an antivirus signature?
An antivirus signature file contains 12000 signature, the Wildfire signature

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Last antivirus update is related to March 07.

Well as I know for wildfire for a new signature, after 24 hours it should be added to the next available antivirus update.So this is why wildfire signatures are not much.

Thans for clearing out the 'Wildire ti antiviurs' part.

But..

Why hasn't the Wildfire signatures from the weekend been released as a antivirus signature then? There has been several Wildfire signatures thru the weekend, none of which has so far transformed into antivirus signatures.
And why hasn't the Wildfire signature file grown in size as it has not beed added to the antivirus signature file thru the weekend?

That should be answered by an internal engineer I hope.I wonder the answer too.

I agree
Is there any PAN Internal Engineer reading this, willing to come up with an answer?

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!