Strange Sharepoint upload problem.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Strange Sharepoint upload problem.

L0 Member

Hi,

I have a bit of a strange one hence the strange question.

I have a user who wants to upload files to a company's sharepoint website. Now as my rules stand currently they are not allowed to upload or use certain web applications.

I tried making a custom rule just for testing purposes on a machine with the same ip range as the user in question and with the same rules being applied. The custom rule allowed them to use Application WebDav (as this is the one that seems to be blocked when uploading multiple files, which is what the user needs to do) and to allow the traffic through.

What is strange though is that when I look at the logs, even though it then allows my test computer to upload, it doesn't show on the logs as using that custom rule. I know it is the rule that must be allowing it because as soon as I disable or remove that custom rule it stops working.

Hence my question. Can 1 bit of traffic use 2 or more security rules and therefore only show the first rule used in the logs> Otherwise I am not sure why this rule allows it to upload, but is not showing as being used.

If anyone else has had issues allowing uploads to sharepoint i would appreciate hearing your thoughts.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

Managed to sort it. The site needed it's own application created allowing it to upload and download to that specific site.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L0 Member

Managed to sort it. The site needed it's own application created allowing it to upload and download to that specific site.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!