Subject Alt: Email for GP authentication

L5 Sessionator

Re: Subject Alt: Email for GP authentication

Tho looking at your client cert and mine (in post above) the field looks the same.

L7 Applicator

yes they do look the same but windows may be collating this information from different fields to the PA.

L7 Applicator

when I added my emai to 'email' the auth failed and I was not prompted for ldap auth, the client on my iphone stated 'invalid certificate'.

it only started working when i added email to 'alt email'. this prompted me to login as michael.ball but my cn for my cert is mick ball, not michael.ball.

L5 Sessionator

Ok, thanks so far. I'll play a bit more with local CA first and email/alt email fields.

L5 Sessionator

I made a new cert with local CA with email and alt email properties. And "subject alternative name property" is definitelly alt email as PA understands it. Because email is expected in subject of certificate, while alt email goes in extended properties.

Cert made with CA on PA:

email1.JPGemail2.JPG

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!