TFTP file transfer on New Palo Alto PA500 Firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

TFTP file transfer on New Palo Alto PA500 Firewall

L3 Networker

Hi Guys,

I have already my files on working tftp server and already connected via serial cable to the firewall. As i know i should also connect one end of patch cord to my PCs ethernet intrface and the other end to the firewall interface, but to with one mgt? or the basic ones?

how can i set up the ip address and the gateway from the CLI? and also remove the IP addresses?

Huge Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

Hi,

From the CLI you can set management IP address and default gateway with this command:

> configure

# set deviceconfig system ip-address 10.1.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 default-gateway 10.1.1.250

# commit

If you want to use tftp server (to transfer files from firewall) it will by default use its management interface (so tftp server has to be reachable via default gateway that is configured on mgm interface, or has to be in the same subnet as mgm interface).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L0 Member

Hi,

From the CLI you can set management IP address and default gateway with this command:

> configure

# set deviceconfig system ip-address 10.1.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 default-gateway 10.1.1.250

# commit

If you want to use tftp server (to transfer files from firewall) it will by default use its management interface (so tftp server has to be reachable via default gateway that is configured on mgm interface, or has to be in the same subnet as mgm interface).

L5 Sessionator

If you already have console access, you run following commands to configure management IP address from CLI :

configure

set deviceconfig system ip-address <IP_Address>

set deviceconfig system netmask <MASK>

set deviceconfig system default-gateway <Default_Gateway>

set deviceconfig system dns-setting servers primary <DNS_IP>

commit

Once you commit, you can change your PC's IP to the same range as on the management IP you configured above, and default gateway as firewall's IP. This should give you access the way you need. Thank you.

Thank you!

Thank you!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!