Tech Support File Contents

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Tech Support File Contents

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I tried to search online a lot but I could not find what exactly are the contents of tech support file are that we occassionaly download and send to tech support for support.

Could someone please throw some light on what exact information is downloaded in tech support file?

8 REPLIES 8

Community Team Member

Hi @psharma,

The tech support file contains logs from various daemons, it also contains the firewall configuration and can also be used to review firewall resources.  Any passwords configured on the FW are stripped from the TSF if you're worried about that.

That said, configuration data that could be used to identify a customer, like the hostname, object names or domain names used in authentication profiles can be found in the TSF.

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@psharma,

@kiwi pretty much laid everything out for you, but if you're still worried you can actually generate the file and take a peak at it prior to sending anything in to verify that you aren't giving out any information that your company may disallow by policy. There's also some cool underlying configuration statements hidden in here that most users wouldn't typically see which are kind of neat 😉 

BPry,

I generated the tech support file but can't open it. what applicant uses to pen the file?

thanks

le

@lenluu,

It's just a standard .tgz file; assuming that you are on Windows use something like 7zip to extract it will give you the tar file, which you can again extract with 7zip. 

thanks BPry.

le

Is there any "official" kind of  "Privacy Datasheet" from PAN?

Thx, RLI

Community Team Member

Hi @OMI_RLI ,

Is this what you're looking for ?

Product Privacy Datasheets 

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Hi Kiwi

Thanks for the fast reply.

Kind of... I know the "Cortex XDR Privacy Datasheet" and also inthere, under table 1, OtherInfo I can see mentioned data used for the Tech Support File in a Cortex XDR environment. But Table 1 in this document is only "a example of information" and not 100% of the information stored in a Tech Support Bundle and sent to PAN. I was wondering if there is a more comprehensive document about this.

Cheers, RLI

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!