Terminal Server Agent RoadMap

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Terminal Server Agent RoadMap

L1 Bithead

Hi All.

I'm really interested into know what is the evolution of Terminal Server Agent. I mean, now only Windows Server 2003 and XenApp 4.5 version are supported for the moment, but new environments are installed on XenApp 5 or new XenApp 6 in o couple or months when new relases was tested.

Is there any news about XenApp 5 /XenApp 6 support??? Is Windows Server 2003 R2 Supported?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

I checked with Engineering regarding Xen/App 5/6 and they haven't tested it yet, but are curious if you've tried it?  Windows 2003 R2 is supported.

Thanks for the answer.

It's a very good cross-selling Citrix/Palo Alto since Citrix EdgeSight monitoring technology couldn't bring users Palo Alto conten-id, app-id and user-id visibility into their Citrix XenApp environment. I know that almost all Citrix implementations are XenApp 5 or XenApp 4.5 Windows Server 2003 x32 based, so we/you support it. But we found many new installations with x64, not supported yet by TS-Agent, and new ones always use Windows Server 2008, not supported too.

It will be really great to support it as soon as possible.

Anyway ,,, customers are really impressed about Citrix/user visitibilty with TS-Agent PAN Devices ...

Thanks.

Hello nrice,

I have two questions on this discussion.

1/ When does TSA support the following platform?
- Windows 2003 Server x64
- Windows 2008 Server (x86, x64)

2/ Windows 2003 Server (not R2) is supported, isn't it?

Regards,
Tomoyuki Komure

Windows 2003 32-bit is supported by the TS-agent in PANOS prior to 3.1.  3.1 supports 2003 64-bit as well as 32-bit.  2008, both 32 and 64 bit is slated to be supported by the end of the year.

Correction.  Windows 2003 64-bit is not in 3.1.0, but will be in a later release.

L1 Bithead

Hello,

why does it take so long to support the 64bit platforms 2003 ( SP2 )  / 2008 ?

It helps to get rid of many ( memory ) limitations in the TS-environments and we are running them for more than a year now

We are desperately waiting for the agent and expected them to come end of 2009

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!