Trouble with customizing GP Login Page

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Trouble with customizing GP Login Page

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I'm trying to customize my GlobalProtect Portal Login Page. I figured a good way to start would be to export the default page from the PA, modify it, then re-import it. I started out kinda complicated, but for troubleshooting purposes I've just changed a single letter in the page (instead of saying "Palo Alto Networks" it now says "Pallo Alto Networks"). But when I set the modified page to be the custom login page for GlobalProtect, I don't get my page but rather just the name and password input fields and the login button.

Thanks,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

What version of PANOS are you using?  Are you renaming the file before importing it back to the device?  Are you committing the changes after you import the page?  I tested this on my device just now and was able to see the difference.  I changed both the "Palo Alto Networks - Global Protect Portal" as well as the background color and can see both changes when I navigate to the portal via https://<portal ip>.

Ah thanks. I shoulda marked this "answered" yesterday. I'm running 4.1.6. I ended up taking the example from the manual which looks pretty much just like the default page on the devices - haven't bothered to run a diff on it though - modifying that and uploading it with no issues. *Shrug* dunno what the issue with the exported page is.

Thanks again,

Chris

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!