Troubleshooting GlobalProtect disconnects

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Troubleshooting GlobalProtect disconnects

L4 Transporter

I have a couple of users that say their active connections are suddenly disconnected. What is the best way to determnine the cause of the disconnection? Again this is an active session not a time out

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

When it comes to troubleshooting random disconnects, the first thing I would recommend you do is go into GlobalProtect and "collect logs" from the right click - globalprotect icon.

From there you can look at the GPA and GPS (application and service) logs to see if you can see what is going on when the disconnects happened.

You can also try to look on the Firewall and see if you can correlate the disconnects in the logs and see if it indicates anything.. but the client logs are the best place to start.

I hope this helps.

-joe

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

I just started a new thread on this very topic. I collected the logs on the client (my own) and posted a few of the info/debug log entries that i saw at the time of disconnect but not sure where to go from there.  Is there a typical checklist of questions you should start with? or a way to look up the log entries to see what they mean?

where are your logs?

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!