Trying to unblock one website from a blocked country

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Trying to unblock one website from a blocked country

L2 Linker

I have several countries blocked in our firewall but due to business reasons I need to allow one website from one of those countries. I added a custom URL category and added the site. I then created a URL filtering profile and added that category to it. Then assigned that profile to the block rule. It is still blocking the site. I turned on dynamic URL filtering and added the sites to the allow list in the profile. Still nothing. Any ideas?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hello jeffthpinc,

Looks like there is a need to allow only one website from a country and block the rest.

The best is to make a custom category profile as you have made and "alert" that category and if needed can block the rest categories.

Now the security rule should be added with this profile. Action in the security rule is "Allow". The reason is you are allowing from security rule point to allow traffic but from the URL point it know it only allows the custom category and blocks the rest of the category.

This should be it !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello jeffthpinc,

Looks like there is a need to allow only one website from a country and block the rest.

The best is to make a custom category profile as you have made and "alert" that category and if needed can block the rest categories.

Now the security rule should be added with this profile. Action in the security rule is "Allow". The reason is you are allowing from security rule point to allow traffic but from the URL point it know it only allows the custom category and blocks the rest of the category.

This should be it !

That worked. I had thought I might have to change the rule to allow from block as that was overriding my profile allowing the site. Kind of a pain but oh well. Appreciate it.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!