URGENT Email alert

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

URGENT Email alert

L3 Networker

Dear Team,

One of our client want to set email alert for data plane CPU threshold will be 60% for this.

I checked it but found only option, where we can set an alerts on the basis of even severity. Need your help in this to set email alerts for data plane on certain threshold values.

Kindly provide if you have any KB to configure this. 

Thanks & Regards,
Sahithyan S
4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@sahithyan.subbu You can monitor gateway using tools like Solarwinds and set alerts for required thresholds. 

Hope it helps!

Mayur

M

Hello,

I agree with @SutareMayur . That is how we do it.

Regards,

@sahithyan.subbu I agree that it is not the recommended way to monitor CPU use, but In it can possibly be done. As long as there is a log for the even, you can build very specif filter (e.g. "description contains 'cpu'" or similar) and trigger email alert when log matches the filter. 

@batd2,

There isn't a log that would trigger for that, so this isn't going to be an option for this specific issue. SNMP is the correct way to monitor this; you can alternatively script this to gather the data through the CLI or through the API, but simple SNMP monitoring is the proper way of doing things. 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!