URL Filtering by IP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

URL Filtering by IP

L1 Bithead

Hello,

We would like to report on web browsing based on the IP off the user's computer, not username (or Identity). Can someone offer a guide, or point me in the right direction? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

You would just need to apply a URL Filtering rule sepcific to that user's IP  before your general browsing rule. 

Alternatively you could generate a custom report that specifies the source IP of that user to limit the report ran to just that user's IP instead of the username. 

L6 Presenter

If you have an "ANY" source IP rule (or if you've got a rule with the IP network space the user should be coming from) that has the URL filtering profile applied to it with the action "Alert/Block/Continue" you are already capturing the information you want.

Just run a report from reports, use ACC, or review the URL logs from the "monitor" tab.

L4 Transporter

First you need URL filtering license.

Then create URL profile - Objects - Security Profiles - URL filtering based of action you want to take.

Create group map all profile to that group like antivirus , anitspware, vulnerabiltiy, file blocking,wildfire.

map that profile to security policy for traffic going to internet.

Then go to monitor PDF reports -- user acitivity report and get Data.

Apart from that we can get Data from ACC also.

SD-WAN | Cloud Networking | PCNSE | ICSI CNSS | MCNA | | CCNP | CCSA | SPSP | SPSX | F5-101 |

L1 Bithead

I appreciate you all jumping in. Yes we have the URL filtering license, what I should have asked with more clarity is this:

Are the actual steps to creating these rules and report already available somewhere for me to follow, or does someone know said steps they'd be willing to out line for me? Thank you.

The link HERE will provide you with how to setup the profile in your security rules. The report is just going to be a custom report targeting the URL database and then you would build a query to specify the IP of the user you want to target. 

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!