URL filter in Custom Reports

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

URL filter in Custom Reports

L1 Bithead

Hello,

Is it possible to use something similar to wildcards in Custom Reports, when I would like to filter URL attribute. At the moment three options are available - is present, equals and not equals. But to find some URL I'd like to use similar to "*.domain.com" not exact URL.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

Hello,

I believe you can. You have 3 options as you mentioned, "present, equals, and ! equals", if you use "!=", it is like using "contains".  Try to see if that works but be sure to remove the * as it will look for that as well if you were to add "*.domain.com" in the value field.

Hi,

I tested and "!=" doesn't work as "contains", but "not equals" as it should. So there's still the question how to filter URLs using "contains" or wildcards.

Not applicable

I would like to know how to do this as well.  I only have "is present", "!=","=" in custom reports for URLs.  "Is Present doesn't let me enter any strings...

Sorry akelahti.  I thought that would have worked.  You may need to contact your local SE or support and request a feature request.  But a work around I have seen is to go into the monitor tab, URL filtering log, and select filter expressions.  From there you can use the "contains" if you select Attribute "URL".

Regards,

Oliver

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!