URL filtering issue.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

URL filtering issue.

L4 Transporter

Hi Friends,

i am facing one issue with url Filtering my site category is showing malware- sites but when ever i am trying to check with ( https://urlfiltering.paloaltonetworks.com/testasite.aspx ) its showing travel category. please suggest.

aaaaaa.png

adadadad.PNG

8 REPLIES 8

L7 Applicator

Hello Satish,

Both PAN-DB and Bright-cloud is categorizing as  "travel". Hence, i would suggest you to clear the URL cache from you PAN firewall.

> clear url-cache url <URL>

> delete dynamic-url host name

> test url  mytravelaffairs.com

A similar doc for your reference: How to Handle a URL Miscategorization

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hi Hulk,

Thanks for reply. i will do this and get back to you.

Regards
Satish

Sure :smileygrin:. Take your time and let us know the result.

Thanks

Hi Hulk,

please find the result,

# clear url-cache url www.mytravelaffairs.com - This command requires the Palo Alto Networks URL filtering database.

# delete dynamic-url host www.mytravelaffairs.com – invalid syntax and tried with following command

delete dynamic-url host name www.mytravelaffairs.com

# test url  mytravelaffairs.com – detected as travel in dynamic db but page is again blocked by malware-site

Regards

Satish

Hello Satish,

Could you please try to remove cache from the data-plane: > clear url-cache all

It looks the data-plane still having the wrong mapping.

Thanks

L0 Member

Hi Satish,

Execute the below commands.

1) clear url-cache all

2) delete dynamic-url host all

Regards,

Sarath

L4 Transporter

Hi HULK & sbabu,

Client have brightcloud url filtering licence. and when i have check test url www.mytravelaffairs.com showing Cloud DB. I need to for the same base DB.

Please suggest, i have done all possible ways to resolve but till i am facing same issue.

Regards

Satish

Hello Satish,

The PAN firewall will check the URL category in below mentioned sequence:

DP > MP > Cloud-DB

So, if that URL is not available with DP/MP, then it will send a query to the cloud. There is a process running on the management-plane ( devsrvr- Device server), which is responsible for URL response.. Could you please restart that process and let us know the result.

> debug software restart device-server

(Wait for 5-10 mins and do the test)

Thanks

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!