URL filtering

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

URL filtering

L4 Transporter

I am trying to elminate my ISA 2006 server and use url filtering. The setting to use the ISA server were applied using a GPO that sets the internet options/connections to user the proxy server. I modified the GPO and have confirmed that the internet options setting was removed from the users pc's. But the users are still going to the old proxy server, what is the best way to check to see what might be sending them to the proxy server and if its the PA that is routing them there still?

30 REPLIES 30

L7 Applicator

Hello Infotech,

Could you please check the routing table of the PAN firewall, if it is still having an active route pointing towards the OLD proxy server.

Thanks

L7 Applicator

FYI..

proxy.jpg

Thanks

The ip address of the proxy is 172.16.1.11 and here is the primary 172.16.0.0/12 in the static routes

Edited:

Hello Infotech,

The mentioned subnet will cover 172.16.0.0 -to-172.16.15.255. Hence it will include the PROXY server IP address 172.16.1.11.

Thanks

Hello Infotech,

What is the next-hop IP address of that static route.

Thanks

From what I can see next hop is listed as next vrnexthop.gif

Hello Infotech,

Could you please let us know, user traffic is coming through which physical interface/VR ( PAN firewall) ...?

Thanks

They should be coming through the primary vr but how can I confirm that? I have a secondary ISP but it should only be online when my primary is down

pls share the routing table of primary VR.

Thanks

I thought I did but here it is againprimary.gif

opps Smiley Happy Please share the interface (Network > Interface) screenshot.

Thanks

Here it is

interface.gif

Which one is the LAN side ( Trust) interface...?

Thanks

Here are the layer 2 or the routes to the inside network

vlan.gif

• 30 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!