USB eject how to

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

USB eject how to

L4 Transporter

How do I umount my USB stick from the palo once I'm done using it as a bootstrapper?  I can bootstrap just fine from the box, but for whatever reason I'm failing to find documentation on how to successfully and safely remove the USB once I'm done.  I want to make sure I don't nuke a known good formatted USB bootstrapper.  Any ideas?  I don't think there is a umount cmd on the box that I can see? Thanks for any feedback.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Sec101,

Once the bootstrap is done and you've booted into PAN-os I've always just yanked it out, not sure if that's the right process but I've never had any ill-effects because of it. 

that is what i was worried about- the illl effects.  Worried I'm going to nuke that thing some day and not know it, and give it to someone to deploy and watch it not work.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!