Unable to access Windows Store (Windows 10 + GP 3.0.2)

L7 Applicator

Unable to access Windows Store (Windows 10 + GP 3.0.2)

Hello,

Does anyone else also have problems to access the windows store when connected with global protect vpn?

Actually the problem really only is the windows store app. Everything else works perfectly (internet access, accessing corporate ressources, internal websites, fileshares, ...). The store app only displays that I should check my internet connection and the error code 0x80072EFD.

The firewall has 7.0.6 installed and we have configured the vpn with the default route into the vpn tunnel.

Regards,

Remo

L6 Presenter

Re: Unable to access Windows Store (Windows 10 + GP 3.0.2)

Hi,

So when you are not using GP windows store work fine?

Did you try "nslookup" from the client with Wireshark PCAP to get more details?

Thx, 

Myky 

L7 Applicator

exactly, as soon as I disable GP --> the store app is able to connect

L7 Applicator

and I did also capture the traffic with vpn enabled and disabled ... on both captures I can see the dns queries related to the windows store app, but with vpn enabled there are ONLY the dns requests but no store-related https connection attemps

L6 Presenter

How about Palo logs? Do you see the traffic from the client (GP Zone) going outside (untrust) to the Microsoft store IP as destination. Threat logs?

L7 Applicator

one of the various fqdn's is storeedgefd.dsx.mp.microsoft.com (when I tried it resolved to 23.50.97.152).

on the firewall I have not one packet towards this ip and also nothing in the threatlog (actually if there was traffic I would be surprised because of the fact that I had no packets in the local packet capture)

Highlighted
L6 Presenter

Sure you said before no attempts from the client, my bad. This is strange. Did you try to do PCAP when connected through the GP on the local interface, not GP adapter? This is strange that you getting DNS but the client making desition not to initiate a connection after.

L7 Applicator

Yes, I also captured on that interface. For whatever reason I also see the dns requests there going out directly, but still only the dns requests and no https traffic

L6 Presenter

When did you notice this first time, any os update GP? All Windows 10 clients or just you unable to access? l cannot think of anything else what could be an issue. Don't have much experience with GP

L7 Applicator

this problem probably existst since we are testing with windows 10 ...

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!