Unable to download updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to download updates

L0 Member

I have a PA-200 running 6.1.14.

I am able to generate a list of software updates, global protect clients and the dynamic updates, but when I attempt to download any of the files, I get the following error:

Failed to download due to network failure. Please try again later.

Failed to download file

I have the update server set to the IP address instead of the host name. I have also tried adjusting the service route configuration (setting Palo Updates to use my external interface, setting a destination rule for the IP address of the palo update server to use the external interface). None of this has worked.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Hi,

confirm if you can actually get to the servers by running PCAP on the box and the below CLI commands:

> ssh port 443 host updates.paloaltonetworks.com 

> ping host downloads.paloaltonetworks.com

For further details on "updates.paloaltonetworks.com" and " downloads.paloaltonetworks.com" review the following functions:

• updates.paloaltonetworks.com allows software downloads and licenses retrieval
  • downloads.paloaltonetworks.com allows dynamic updates to download

Cheers,

Myky

L1 Bithead

If you haven't recently try clicking on "check now" to refresh the updates before attempting to download.  I have had some issues on the Software section previously trying to download an update already in the list.  Once I hit refresh I was then able to download the version on a second try.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!