Unable to export certificates EXCEPT via IE11

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to export certificates EXCEPT via IE11

L4 Transporter

Two PA3020s in an active/passive HA pair

PanOS 7.1.14

Tested with Google Chrome and Firefox on Linux.

Tested with Google Chrome and Firefox on Windows 7.

When trying to export a certificate from Device tab --> Certificate Management --> Certificates, no matter which export format I choose, nor which certificate I choose, nothing happens.  Browser window just refreshes and reloads the certs page.  Nothing is downloaded.  This used to work, back when we first setup GlobalProtect and generated the first set of certificates for our remote gateways.  But it's not working today when I wanted to setup a new gateway and needed a new cert.

In frustration, I loaded IE11 on Windows 7, and was able to export any and all certs using multiple formats.  No muss, no fuss, everything just worked.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?  Any idea why it would be happening?  Or how to make exports work again in non-Microsoft browsers?

Edit:  forgot to mention, I tried logging into the active member directly, the passive member via Panorama, the passive member directly, all with the same results.  Could only export certs via IE11.

Edit2: and, yes, I did clear the browser history/cache in each browser, and start with extensions disabled.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @fjwcash

You need to upgrade to 7.1.18. The bug is fixed in this version (and also in 8.0.10):

20181029_221319.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

I have seen this before, this seems to only impact the GUI export function and you can download/export the cert using the API. Not sure what causes this and it seems to "fix" iteself after an update so I am not sure if the update or the reboot fixes it. 

Hi @fjwcash

You need to upgrade to 7.1.18. The bug is fixed in this version (and also in 8.0.10):

20181029_221319.jpg

Aha!  It seems we run into these issues a lot, where we're running the version prior to the fix.  🙂

We have plans to upgrade to 7.1.19 soon, so it looks like that will fix things for us.

Thanks for the pointer!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!