Unrusted Cert Warning on IE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unrusted Cert Warning on IE

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

We have created SSL cert for the PA web gui from our internal CA.

When we access PA web gui via Chrome it is good.

When I use IE it get the cert untrusted cert warning message?

How can i fix this ?

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
7 REPLIES 7

Community Team Member

Hi @MP18 ,

If you haven't done so already, try installing the certificate in the trusted root certification authorities store in IE.

Hope this helps,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

yes cert is in the Root.

when i click on cert error it shows

mismatched address

On Google Chrome we have no issues

MP

Hello,

Does the cert name match what the DNS IP of the interface is? What we have found is that not only does the cert name need a DNS entry, it also needs SAN entries with the IP address and any other names you have specified.

Regards,

All the DNS name and host name matches.

We have more than 20 PA all have same issue with IE they work fine with Google chrome.

We use Management Interface of PA for GUI access.

MP

Hello,

I would say a call to support might be in order. Seems like something is not 100%.

Regards,

will do now

MP

Try not tying your cert to an ip address.  It's really unecessary and will cause you pain eventually.  This will probably fix your IE issues as well.

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!