Updating URL filtering

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Updating URL filtering

L4 Transporter

Hi,

I have two firewall in which URL filtering is not syncronizing. In the FW1 active i have the URL filtering version 4188, but in the FW2 passive i have the version 0. The interface for URL updates is the untrust (in services routers) so the only FW can access to brightcloud is the active (FW1).

where can i download the URL filtering v4188 to install manually in the FW2???

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

You would need to download the seed file from the support site under the dynamic update page named "BrightCloud Seed File". You can then follow the Document mentioned above.

thanks a lot

one question.......i executed the command but i cant see when it going to finish importing..... Do you know where I can see how much time is left to finish importing the archive

admin@FW2(passive)> tftp import signed-url-database from 172.16.33.140 file bcdb_4_179.enc

mode set to octet

Connected to 172.16.33.140 (172.16.33.140), port 69

getting from 172.16.33.140:bcdb_4_179.enc to /tmp/cli.tmp.fvvUOL [octet]

L3 Networker

I am going to assume that the licenses are updated. If not need to check that.

Since you are using service routes the passive interface will not have any access out to the internet so even if you downloaded the seed file from our support site.

The PAN needs to be able to go out and get updates as Brightcloud will always have latest update.

If you can't use the mgmt port to get out to the internet then you will have always do a manual update.

if you have further questions please let us know or call into support.

thank you

Try the following command to see the progress of the download. 

tail follow yes mp-log pan_bc_download.log

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!