Upgrade to OS 8.1.3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Upgrade to OS 8.1.3

L4 Transporter

I am currently on OS 7.1.19 and am planning my upgrade path to the best version of 8 sometime soon. In order to upgrade do I have to install the base 8 version or just download it? 

30 REPLIES 30

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Just have it downloaded. That said, read up on the 8.1.x code train and make sure that is the one you want to be on.

Regards,

@OtakarKlier

Yeah by the time I do the upgrade i will probably go to the latest most stable version as recommended by PA, so it will probably be higher thatn 8.1.3

Yeah, 8.1.4 came out last week so its probably a good ideea to let it bake for a bit. Also I would recommend a read into the 8.0.x train just for comparison, unless there are features in 8.1.x you need/require.

@OtakarKlier

Does the documentation tell what the lowest version of globalprotect works with 8.1.3?

yep sure does....

GlobalProtect App 4.0

@OtakarKlier

My real concern with continuing to upgrade is disk space, I would think at some point I will run out.

Hello,

As a best practice, I usually only keep the base release, currently install, and previous installed. The other I delete to make sure I dont run out. If I recall you have some big numbered models and should have plenty of space. 

Since you are running 7.1.19, I would only have that version, 7.1.0, and hte previous 7.1.x version you upgraded from. Should give you plently of space for a 8.1.x migration.

Cheers!

@OtakarKlier

I have a PA 5050 with that partition around 90% full and that is a good practice to delete old OS version I did that when I moved to 7, seems so long ago. Seems like there are alot of changes going to 8 that I can see so far in the documentation

@OtakarKlier

I bet 8 doesn't work with GP 2.2 Some of my users won't get off of it

If I read this correctly it is going to take 1.3 GB of space to go to 8.1.3 ;O

@jdprovine,

Nah that'll break. To be fair however, even when you upgraded to 7.1 it was a good change 2.2 would break. The minimum supported version of GP for 7.1 is 2.3 so ...

@BPry

It will be a good way of getting them off of 2.2 anyway LOL

@BPry @OtakarKlier 

I don't think I have enough room for this upgrade

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/md3 3.8G 2.8G 825M 78% /
/dev/md5 7.6G 3.7G 3.6G 51% /opt/pancfg
/dev/md6 3.8G 3.2G 430M 89% /opt/panrepo
tmpfs 2.0G 116M 1.9G 6% /dev/shm
cgroup_root 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /cgroup
/dev/md8 198G 118G 70G 63% /opt/panlogs

Yeah looks like your /opt/panrepo needs a bit of cleanup...

• 30 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!