*Urgent* Global Protect Crypto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

*Urgent* Global Protect Crypto

L3 Networker

I have one more query, If I change week encryption to strong encryption in tunnel traffics like Global Protect, IP sec tunnels, will it get affect the clients ??

Of course We have to check the peer side before we change the encryption methods & algorithms for IPsec tunnel but what about global protect ??

If we change the GlobalProtect IPSec Crypto's encryption method, will this change affect the client connection ?

Will all the GP version's supports aes-128-gcm & aes-256-gcm on client side ?
Will they able to connect with LDAP ?

Thanks & Regards,
Sahithyan S
2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @sahithyan.subbu ,

The operating system of the endpoint determines what cipher suites the GlobalProtect app includes in its Client Hello message.

As long as the GlobalProtect app includes the cipher suite that the gateway prefers to use, the gateway will select that cipher suite for the SSL session.

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Hi Kiwi,

Thank you the prompt reply, but my question is what if firewall is configured to Global Protect IPsec crypto's aes-128-gcm or aes-256-gcm encryption..??

How this scenario works ? Will it impact to customer 

Thanks & Regards,
Sahithyan S
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!