Use Domain EDL for purposes other than DNS sinkholing?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Use Domain EDL for purposes other than DNS sinkholing?

L2 Linker

Can you use a domain EDL for other purposes or only for DNS sinkholing?

In other words, can you use a domain EDL in any policy rule in the same way an FQDN object can be used?

I would expect that you can, but wanted to ask.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi @RISI

The only purpose of Domain EDLs is really the DNS sinkhole feature what means you cannot use these for FQDN objects or else.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L2 Linker

Another reason I ask is because the documentation makes it sound like DNS sinkholing is the only thing to use a domain EDL for.

L7 Applicator

Hi @RISI

The only purpose of Domain EDLs is really the DNS sinkhole feature what means you cannot use these for FQDN objects or else.

Well that is unfortunate.  Thanks.

L7 Applicator

Depending on the entrycount of the domakn EDLs this could result in quite a few DNS requests that the firewall needs to resolve. But I see your point. You could contact your local sales to create a feature request for this. If you do, post the FR ID here so others can also vote for this feature.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!