User Activity Report Size Limitation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

User Activity Report Size Limitation

Not applicable

Is there some built-in limitation as to the maximum size of any given User Activity Report? It seems to max out at around 120 pages and just stops at that point, even when there is plenty more data to report on. Has anyone else experienced this? Any way around it? Thanks!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

currently (3.1.4 PAN OS) the User Acivity report is capped at 5000 lines of output.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

L6 Presenter

currently (3.1.4 PAN OS) the User Acivity report is capped at 5000 lines of output.

Do we know if and when there are any plans to increase this and if so, to what?

L2 Linker

I need this too.

I got a request from a manager, that they need a user activity report on someone for the months of Nov and Dec and it only shows for two days in Dec.

I even tried a "last 7 days" report. The "last 7 days" reported back only on one day of activity. Both reports were in that 120 page range. One was 124 pages and the other was 123 pages.

Needless to say, my manager is not happy.

L2 Linker

We are now at 3.1.8/4.0.1 -- can anyone confirm that this limit is no longer present? 3.1.5 still has it. I did a quick scan over the release notes of firmware >3.1.5 but couldn't find anything about this, does anyone know?

Hi There,

You are able to configure the maximum number of lines in the UAR in PAN-OS 4.0.x:

Screen shot 2011-03-21 at 09.43.13.png

Please keep in mind, very long reports may time out.  Also, how many lines would one person read?

Thanks

James

Not applicable

If it's grounds for dismissal, evidence is evidence...

L6 Presenter

Any change for this limit at Panos 5 ?

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!