User-ID Agent 8.1 help needed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

User-ID Agent 8.1 help needed

L3 Networker

Hello.

AD integration using the User-ID agent.  We were on 8.0.7-2 and things were working fine.

I tried upgrading to version 8.1.0-66 and had several problems with wrong user-id being reported.  I saw in the release notes for 8.1:

• Since multiple username attributes are supported, you must select the Primary
Username attribute that you want to use for user identification.
• Previously, the firewall normalized usernames received from User-ID sources (such
as an LDAP directory) to the domain\username format. In PAN-OS® 8.1, when the
Primary Username is in UPN format, it will not be normalized as in previous PAN-OS
versions. As a result, usernames

My question is if I use the new agent, how can I get my username to show up as

domain\userid

again?

When I tried 8.1.0-66 I was seeing usernames as

domain@username

and

MACHINENAME$

All my rules broke.

To correct quickly, I reverted back to the older user-id version.

Thanks,

Dannon

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@dannon,

A new feature was included in PAN-OS 8.1 that allows the administrator to set the Primary Username so that it switches back to domain\username instead of UPN. You can find more information HERE

Here is what I have setup right now.  I've see that article before.  What I am wondering is what to set things now in order to get things normalized like they were before.

furtemp.JPG

We have the exact same configuration and issue so would welcome some feedback from dev's or users.

Just in case you don't know this already ( @dannon, @mdk1380😞 this problem with the computernames was a bug (WINAGENT-269) which is resolved in User-ID Agent 8.1.1.

L1 Bithead

Hello 

I have the same Issue, the Windows User-id  Agent 9.1-2 shows some mapped users in format "domain\user" and some in "user@emaildomain"  , and even shows localmachine users mapped too. Is there a way to force the user format normalization like previous to 8.1 User-id versions do ? 

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!