User-ID - Lotus Domino v6.5.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

User-ID - Lotus Domino v6.5.2

L0 Member

Hi All,

Hoping you can help, is it possible for the User-ID_LDAP Agent to communicate and get IP Mapping from a Lotus Domino directory server ?

Cheers

Marc

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

I believe the answer is no based on this info found ina KPoint posting.

PANOS 3.1 and above.

While  you can use any LDAP server for SSL VPN, Captive Portal or Admin  access, the User-ID agent is supported by eDirectory.  eDirectory  modifies an attribute that most LDAP schemas do not contain;  networkAddress.  The PAN decrypts this field which is stored as a  combination of IP address and a 1,3, or 9 to indicate whether the  connection is TCP, UDP or whether a TCP port is included.  The User-ID  agent converts this to an IP address.  Additionally, the Timestamp  attribute is modified to query only changed entries.  Only eDirectory  8.8 is supported because the LDAP Page Control specs are utilized, which  are not supported in earlier versions of eDirectory.

Steve Krall

L3 Networker

Well, I'll go the opposite way and say it might be possible, but it will be tricky. Tricky meaning manual labor 😉

The LDAP-agent has the UID XML-api that can be used to push user-ip mappings in to the PAN-device. As I said, it is an API, so it does involve some development on your end to poll data from your Domino server and feed the API. I suggest you look in to it, just might be doable Smiley Happy

Thanks, ill look in to it

Cheers

Marc

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!