UserID instances

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

UserID instances

L4 Transporter

I would like to know if we can use the same UserID agent software for 2 domains in different windows machines. If we cant do it, we need to know if we can run 2 diferent instances of UserId agent in the same windows machine pointing to 2 different domains. 

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

User-ID agent only supports one domain pr. agent. So if you have 2 different domains, you should run the agent on 2 different windows servers and monitor 1 domain pr agent. Then set up your fw to talk to both agents servers. 

Don't think it's possible to run two instances of the agent on the same machoine. 

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

I did not know the answer to that question above and I passed answering (thanks Torm! for response) but I have two cents to add:

- you should avoid setting up agent on AD server itself,

- you can always install additional copy of Windows server and forward domain security logs to it, and install agent onto it - to get dedicated Windows machine for agent. This helps to avoid stress to "regular" servers with large environments and lots of users, it is easier to deploy extra host just to serve for AgentID.

Best regards

Luciano

L6 Presenter

@soporteseguridad

Yes, provided you have a domain trust for the domain in which the service account that runs the software exists.

We have 7 different domains in our enviornment and our UIA enviornment can successfully see users in the necessary domains.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!