Using file blocking and wildfire profiles together

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Using file blocking and wildfire profiles together

L3 Networker

Hi Guys,

Please can someone explain me why we would use the file blocking profile as well as the wildfire profile on the same security rule.

What i understand is that once the file is blocked then no need to send it for the wildfire analysis..Please correct me.

Now what will happen if the file is allowed,will it be sent for analysis and meanwhile what will happen,will the user recieve the file or it wait for the verdict and the required action is taken.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

Hi Raido,

Thanks for the response and now it makes more sense.

one more question with regards to the action,how the action is derived for the AV and WF database,please clarify.

Thanks

• 15 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!