VM-100 will not configure management interface.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VM-100 will not configure management interface.

L4 Transporter

We have a VM-100 to run int our test environment ( VMware 5.5)

Pan-OS8.0.0

Despite reading the same information over and over I can't get the management interface to come up.

I have applied the config

#set deviceconfig system ip-address 128.129.10.40 netmask 255.255.255.0

#comit

but "show interface management" has

ip address unknown

netmask unknown

default gateway unknown

the MAC address is that of configured VMware interface.

the running config shows the address.

So I am stuck!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@RobinClayton,

Sounds like you haven't actually set the device as static, dumb I know but it's a step you have to take even if you set the system ip-address info. Try the following in configure on the CLI 'set deviceconfig system type static' and restart and see if that fixes your Mangement IP issue. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L2 Linker

Hi Robin,

When you do "show deviceconfig system" in configure mode what does it shows ?

Can you try once with 'commit force' and check if that makes any difference.

Also is the port status for the NIC interface up on the VMware side ?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@RobinClayton,

Sounds like you haven't actually set the device as static, dumb I know but it's a step you have to take even if you set the system ip-address info. Try the following in configure on the CLI 'set deviceconfig system type static' and restart and see if that fixes your Mangement IP issue. 

I thought it may be something liek that but could not find the command to take it off DHCP.

Sorted 🙂

Cheers

Rob

FYI, didn't need to restart, just commit

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!