VM monitoring sources attributes/annotations

Highlighted
L3 Networker

VM monitoring sources attributes/annotations

Does anyone know more on the use of the "annotation" field for use in a dynamic address group from a vm information source?

Can the notes or tags field in the summary tab in vCenter be used to apply custom annotations? Any assistance on the syntax would be great since PAN dosn't seem to provide much on this that I could find.

The goal is to be able to apply multiple custom annotations in order to apply the proper dynamic address group to the VM and a VM could belong to multiple dynamic address groups.
vc.jpgdag.jpg

L3 Networker

Re: VM monitoring sources attributes/annotations

Update on this:

So the annotation field leverages the "Notes" field of the guest in vsphere. So if you add a notation in the notes field (example a_host), the PAN will pick it up on the next refresh and add that as an actual filter to choose from for the dynamic address group.

The piece I am still missing is can a guest have multiple annotations in the notes field and the PAN pick it up as seperate filters or annotations?

If "Yes", what is the syntax?

I have tried, seperate lines, ";", ",", and spaces with no success.

sanp.jpg

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!