VM series and SR-IOV

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VM series and SR-IOV

Not applicable

Hi,

Is it possible to setup the VM series NICs as SR-IOV passthrough NICs, the main issues I see is you would need physical e1000 NIC driver support for the NIC card you are using inside the VM series kernel?

Just in case anybody asks why...latency Smiley Happy

Cheers

Richard

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Does not work (and thus not supported). There are no e1000 drivers packaged with the VM series for VMware, and if you accidentally add an e1000 Nic to the guest, it will boot into maintenance mode. It only works with the vmxnet3 adapters today.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

the VMware version of the VM series does not support SR-IOV at this time. That being said, when the VM series is installed on a Citrix SDX appliance, it uses SR-IOV by default.

Thanks Jared!

Works but isn't supported or it doesn't work?

What happens now on the VM series on vSphere if I add a physical passthrough e1000 NIC card to my VM-100?

Cheers

Richard

Does not work (and thus not supported). There are no e1000 drivers packaged with the VM series for VMware, and if you accidentally add an e1000 Nic to the guest, it will boot into maintenance mode. It only works with the vmxnet3 adapters today.

Hi,

Is there a compatibility sheet for Panorama VMs? 

My customer is asking what kind of following NICs are officially supported for their new Panorama VM Machine deployment with 8.0.X 

1. VMXNET3

2. E1000

3. E1000E

Also do we support bumping up the VM Hardware Compatibility version? It is currently at the version 9 (ESXi 5.1) level, current max is version 13 (ESXi 6.5)

I appreciate the help in advance,

-Shahab 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!