VPN connection problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VPN connection problem

L4 Transporter
Good afternoon, When we are in an external network (for example wifi ) with IP range 10.10.XXX.XXX, and our computers are trying to connect to VPN, which has the same pool address 10.10.XXX.XXX, they can not. The connection is not established . GlobalProtect Portal uses as connection method "user-logon (Always ON)" and INTERNAL HOST DETECTION is enabled. PanOs:6.1.5 GlobalProtect Client: 2.1.1 Could you indicate me what possible solutions exists? Best regards Gonzalo Arroyo
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I think you missunderstood. You need to configure secondary pool of IP address for GP on your PA device (assuming you are the PA admin)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

What do the client logs say? https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/How-to-Collect-Logs-from-GlobalProtect-Clie...

What error message do you get on the Status Panel when you are connecting?

Is this working from any other outside network and not just this external wifi?

Make sure you are able to reach and login to the Portal page using browser : https://<hostname>

L6 Presenter

I had a similar problem once. Assign a secondary pool of IP addresses for GP clients which won't overlap with that network. 

Hi Both

I sent this info to the end-user. I hope to receive a feedback in few days. I'll kept you both informed.

Best Regards

Gonzalo Arroyo

I think you missunderstood. You need to configure secondary pool of IP address for GP on your PA device (assuming you are the PA admin)

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!