VPN s2s with Juniper ScreenOS with multiple networks on PA side

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VPN s2s with Juniper ScreenOS with multiple networks on PA side

L4 Transporter

Hello

I have to connect by ipsec vpn PA200 PANOS6.1.6 with NS5GT 6.2.0r15 ScreenOS.

Problem that I have is that clients behind NS must have access to two LANs on PA and to internet throuth tunnel.

LAN_A———

LAN_B——— PaloAlto……….tunel_IPSec………………Netscreen———LAN_M

Internet ——  

How to do it?

At the moment I have working config like https://www.corelan.be/index.php/2007/11/17/juniper-setting-up-an-ipsec-vpn-tunnel-between-a-juniper...

but I really don't know how to set up tunnel for internet traffic - how to setup "VPN>AutoKey IKE ".

As I remember on this forum are ScreenOS experts so I ask You for help.

Regards

SLawek

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

The settings are the same as for any VPN. The only diference are proxy IDs On PA side: local 0.0.0.0/0, remote LAN_M and vice versa on Juniper

View solution in original post

Hi,

If you followed the configuration in the link you already setup a route based VPN on the screenos side. The next step would be:

-Delete proxy-IDs on both sides (PA and screenos) and check that you can still reach the LAN through the VPN.

And on the screenos side.

-Create a static route to the PA public ip address, 

-Replace your current default gateway and disable any possible DIP, do this on a maintenance window as you can lost management. If you're using the public IP interface you also need to create a route like te previous one to manage it. 

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Configuration-Articles/Routing-Branch-Site-Internet-Traffic-Thr...

On the PA side,

-Create a dynamicIP/port NAT policy for the network on the branch office and the security policy, this will allow the internet conection.

regards,

Gerardo.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

The settings are the same as for any VPN. The only diference are proxy IDs On PA side: local 0.0.0.0/0, remote LAN_M and vice versa on Juniper

Hi Santonic

I did as You wrote and tunnel is working for LANs, now problem is with internet access only.

Now my routing table looks like:

IPv4 Dest-Routes for <trust-vr> (7 entries)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         ID          IP-Prefix      Interface         Gateway   P Pref    Mtr     Vsys
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*         3          0.0.0.0/0        untrust   x.y.z.129   C    0      1     Root
*         5     192.168.5.1/32          trust         0.0.0.0   H    0      0     Root
*         4     192.168.5.0/24          trust         0.0.0.0   C    0      0     Root
*         1   x.y.z.128/26        untrust         0.0.0.0   C    0      0     Root
*         6     192.168.1.0/24          tun.1         0.0.0.0   S   20      1     Root
*         7    192.168.50.0/24          tun.1         0.0.0.0   S   20      1     Root
*         2   x.y.z.158/32        untrust         0.0.0.0   H    0      0     Root

x.y.z.129  is a default gateway for NS device.

My untrust interface of NS is in route mode.

My security policies loks like:

2015-10-12_120736.png

Are they policy nessesary? How do I change it according to proxy_id change?

Help me please

Hi,

If you followed the configuration in the link you already setup a route based VPN on the screenos side. The next step would be:

-Delete proxy-IDs on both sides (PA and screenos) and check that you can still reach the LAN through the VPN.

And on the screenos side.

-Create a static route to the PA public ip address, 

-Replace your current default gateway and disable any possible DIP, do this on a maintenance window as you can lost management. If you're using the public IP interface you also need to create a route like te previous one to manage it. 

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Configuration-Articles/Routing-Branch-Site-Internet-Traffic-Thr...

On the PA side,

-Create a dynamicIP/port NAT policy for the network on the branch office and the security policy, this will allow the internet conection.

regards,

Gerardo.

Hi Glastra

I cretaed static source route from LAN of Netscreen device and internet traffic started working.

Thank You for all of You for Your help.

Regards

SLawek

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!