Veeam backing up a PA-VM on Hyper-V?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Veeam backing up a PA-VM on Hyper-V?

L1 Bithead

Hi Guys,

Was just wondering, does anyone know if Veeam can be used to backup (and restore, I guess) say a VM-100 running on Hyper-V? I'm not too familiar with Hyper-V or Veeam, and just wondering what the limitations here are.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Yes it can back up and restore.

VM100 is regular virtual machine.

Is it stand alone or connected to Panorama?

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

Hey Raido,

Thanks for your reply! It would be standalone, not connected to Panorama 🙂

Restore to new location might be problematic because new UUID, CPUID and licensing but I can test it out if you are interested.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

Hi Raido,

That's OK thanks, no need to test 🙂 

L3 Networker

@sfranchina

Veeam or any other snaphot backup its not supported by Palo Alto. (beside that it still works)

You only get a 100% consistent backup if the PA is shutdown when running the backup. 

Thank you very much for the responses everyone 🙂

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!