Virus False Positive ? - Winrar

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Virus False Positive ? - Winrar

L3 Networker

I flipped on Virus Filtering today and within 5 minutes got my first potential false positive.

Any reason why it would think Winrar.exe is a Virus ?

http://www.win-rar.com/downloads//rar/wrar400.exe

It thought it was Trojan-GameThief/Win32.magania.flfe

I immediate shut off virus filtering. I cant be dealing with tons of false positives. Unless this is really a virus, which I doubt.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Thanks Justin. Can you call or email support with this info, so that they can verify it and potentially open up a case to track it?

Thanks,

Alfred

Ok, I've done that. If users have any insights on how often false positives happens I would love to hear it. Can I turn AV back on without worrying about tons of false positives. We have a group of people here who are very sensitive to Internet access being blocked incorrectly.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!