VmWare ESX Firewall License

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VmWare ESX Firewall License

L0 Member

Hi community, i have a problem with licensing firewall which is on VmWare. When i tried to "deactivate vm" under licensing tab(on firewall), firewall has no longer license but on the website support.paloaltonetworks.com there is still active authcode. And can not add manually a new authcode on firewall. What causes this problem? Can you help me to solve this problem?

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@tunaakyol,

If you run 'show system info' on the CLI what does it say for vm-license? If the license was successfully removed it should say 'none'

@BPry 

"vm-license : none"

On the support page old authcode still seems activated. And i can not activate a new authcode on the firewall. I think device has no longer license but update.paloaltonetworks.com still has the license for this firewall. I can't figure it out.

@tunaakyol,

In situations like that I've found the best solution is to open a TAC case and let them manually remove it on the backend. This seems to be a pretty common problem and they don't have a great self service option for this as far as I'm aware. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!