Web-browsing setting is not change by user

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Web-browsing setting is not change by user

L4 Transporter

As i configure Safe Searching now once we enable this policy user explicitly needs to enable Safe Search setting in their browser, we can make it transparent for end users?

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/7-1/pan-os-admin/url-filtering/enable-safe-search-enforceme...

When user open and search through any search engine following page prompt, we want to make it hassle free and transparent for end user in way that they don’t need to make any changes in their browser settings, please advise.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Joshan_Lakhani,

Assuming that you run your own internal DNS servers, just set the CNAME to forcesafesearch.google.com. for Google and it will force safe search to be enabled. For Bing if you set the domain to the following address it will also force safesearch 204[.]79[.]197[.]220

i block through firewall and when the user is search any thing the firewall response page is mention.Can i redirect this response page to we want to make it hassle free and transparent for end user in way that they don’t need to make any changes in their browser settings. 

@Joshan_Lakhani,

No, this isn't something that you're going to be able to pass off to the response page to do the redirect and perform the search transparently for the end user. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!