Web-gui access with no secure certificate.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Web-gui access with no secure certificate.

L1 Bithead

I access via GUI from Chrome and observe that the connection is not secure.

I created the certificate for the firewall, but Chrome keeps saying that my connection is not secure.

How can I solve this problem if the AC I have is internal to the company?

Is there any way to generate certificates with AES-GCM?

in chrome, the following legend appears to me.

image005.pngimage002.pngimage006.pngimage007.pngimage009.png

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter
Hello Chrome insists on seeing the fqdn also in the SAN value (subject alt(ernative) name). As long as this data is not there, it is treated as invalid.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

L4 Transporter
Hello Chrome insists on seeing the fqdn also in the SAN value (subject alt(ernative) name). As long as this data is not there, it is treated as invalid.

Just enter an alternative name, I'll try to place the same FQDN in the alternative name.

image010.png

Change the alternative name and chrome already recognized the certificate as valid.

image010.pngimage012.png

Thanks for the support.

even if you put ip address in subject alternative name it works.

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

I'll Perform the test as indicated, the firewall management IP is a private IP even if I will try.

Create the certificate by placing the device IP in the SAN and it does not work..

image001.pngimage002.pngimage003.png

It only works by placing the same name on both the CN and the SAN.

When creating SAN entries, you always put the common name as a SAN entry as well.

If you add the IP address as a SAN entry, make sure the type is IP Address (v4) instead of DNS name.

When I create certificates for devices like a PA, I do as shown below. The cert will be valid if you access with FQDN, short name or IP.

Common Name = devicename.domain.com

SAN:

DNS= devicename.domain.com

DNS= devicename

IP Address (v4) = IP Address

L1 Bithead

Hi Team,

I was able to solve the issue by using below KB for adding SAN name in certificate

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000CluVCAS

Generated Self-Signed certificate in PA,then in certificate attributes add hostname and IP same as management address.

Here hostname denotes as SAN name (Subject Alternative Name)

Attach certificate to TLS Profile and that TLS profile to SSL/TLS management interface to login in GUI via TLS1.1/2

Attached reference screenshot

• 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!