When we filter traffic to www.msnbc.com we are getting this message.
You are seeing this page because ads cannot be shown
Ads allow us to pay the content creators of this site.
Why is this happening?
One of your browser extensions is blocking ads or scripts
How to fix this:
Which ad block extension do you have installed?
1. Click the Adblock Plus icon (red octagon with “ABP”) in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
2. Select Enabled on this site to allow ads.
3. Refresh the page.
1. Click the AdBlock icon (red octagon with a hand) in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
2. Select Don't run on pages on this domain to allow ads.
3. In the “Don't run AdBlock on“ dialog box, select Exclude. The AdBlock icon changes to a “thumbs up“ image.
4. Refresh the page....
This is not an issue when we are not running through the palo alto. It does occur across multiple browsers i.e IE, Chrome, Mozilla, etc.
In the web page script the ad aliase: p.w.m80fg.com and ip address: 220.127.116.11 is checked.
Client found that this needs to be in a no decrypt policy, since we do outbound ssl decryption. I put 18.104.22.168 in a no decrypt policy rule and it worked. Since it is owned by google other apps may use this IP address, so make sure it does not affect other policies.
Most clients may want to block these pop up ads but it may also prevent flash from working on particular websites which is what this particular customer experienced.