What PAN-OS version is support currently recommending?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

What PAN-OS version is support currently recommending?

L3 Networker

What PAN-OS version is PAN support currently recommending for active/passive PA-3050s?  Last I checked (a few months ago), it was 7.0.8.  We're currently running this version, but it has a minor bug that is impacting us.  We were told by support a few months ago that the bug is fixed in the 7.1.x branch and that there are no plans to fix it in 7.0.x, but that they don't consider 7.1.4 (at the time) the stable, recommended version.

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Community Team Member

Hi @scottsander,

Current recommended release in the PAN-OS 7.1.x branch is version 7.1.5

Cheers !

-Kim.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

View solution in original post

I contacted support and they are recommending 7.0.10 and 7.1.5.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Community Team Member

Hi @scottsander,

Current recommended release in the PAN-OS 7.1.x branch is version 7.1.5

Cheers !

-Kim.

Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Hi Wiki, 

Quick question about PA-2050 series. Same code ?

Cheers,

Myky

Community Team Member

Hi @TranceforLife,

Yes, also for PA-2050 the recommended release is PAN-OS 7.1.5 for the 7.1.x branch.

Other recommended releases on other branches are : 6.0.15, 6.1.15, 7.0.11, 7.1.5.

Cheers !

-Kim.

Cheers,
Kiwi

I contacted support and they are recommending 7.0.10 and 7.1.5.

what was your bug? we are currently running 7.0.8 and I have noticed that the percentage on the dataplane has really increased

We do TLS decrypt with "block sessions from untrusted issuers" enabled.  In previous major releases of PAN-OS (e.g. 4,.1.x, 5.0.x, and 6.0.x), the block page that would appear when a certificate wasn't trusted would list the certificate issuer and certificate common name.  In 7.0.x, those fields are blank, which can make troubleshooting a bit of a pain.  For whatever reason, support was told by PAN engineering that they aren't going to fix it in 7.0.x.

It led to an interesting conversation with support:

Me: "You're telling me that I need to move to the 7.1.x branch, but in the same breath you are telling me that 7.0.8 is the version that PAN recommends."

Support: "Yes."

Great thanks so much for the information

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!