What is the Query Builder Syntax to filter on a range of Source Address IPs when creating custom report from URL Log?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

What is the Query Builder Syntax to filter on a range of Source Address IPs when creating custom report from URL Log?

L0 Member

How do I  create one filter for a range of IP addresses without having to create a filter for each individual IP? Anything I try comes up as invalid filter syntax. I am trying to use the 'in' operator to define an IP range or VLAN (i.e. - none of 192.168.61.1-192.168.61.254, 192.168.61.0 or 192.168.61/24 are valid value for the filter). I cannot find anything in PA-500 documentation for this level of  detail on Query Builder syntax. Smiley Sad

- j

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

url.JPG

Please try following. Hope this helps.

as I know you cannot use range.You can combine some subnets.

L6 Presenter

Hi Jmcnemar,

There is no such option as of now, however we have a feature request for IP range option. Please contact your Sales  Engineer to vote on your behalf for this FR.

Priority: Medium

FR ID: 1475

Regards,

Hardik Shah

L7 Applicator

Hello jmcnemar,

Even if PAN doesn't have an option for IP range to build up a custom report ( FR 1475), but looking at your requirement, it can be achieved by a subnet filter ( as mentioned by ssharma), since you are trying to use a subnet here 192.168.61.0/24

192.168.61.1--- 192.168.61.100 --- this type of range is not supported

192.168.61.1-192.168.61.254= 192.168.61.0/24 ---- this is supported

Hope this helps.

Thanks

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!