What is the best PANOS version to PA 5020 & 5050 Plantforms

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

What is the best PANOS version to PA 5020 & 5050 Plantforms

L3 Networker

Hello Community,

I have 37 PA Firewalls.

9: 5020 Current version  PANOS 6.1.4

28:  5050  Current Version  PANOS 6.0.4

Reading the security advisories the 5050 devises must be with PANOS 6.0.8  and the 5020 with PANOS 6.1.4.

But I would like to know, which PANOS version might to upgrade these devices without affect the running configuration?

I appreciate any feedback or comment.

Best Regards

Andres Padilla

Best Regards
3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hello Andres,

I always recommend upgrading to the latest minor strain of the release version. So currently for 6.1, this is is 6.1.6 and for 6.0, this is 6.0.10. This is so you have the most bug fixes available. Upgrading to a minor version won't effect your configuration.

Ultimately it is up to you whether you wish to upgrade to a newer major version depending on whether you want to take advantage of the new features. I do recommend keeping on track of software end of support however.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/support/end-of-life-announcements/end-of-life-summary.html

hope this helps,

Ben

L7 Applicator

One additional note on the recommended version in addition to what Ben wrote:

6.0 has an announced End Of Life date of January 19, 2016. So there is now about five months left until there won't be any support on it, you may want to skip on the 6.0 release altogether if you want to avoid another upgrade on or before that date.

End-of-Life Summary

6.1 is supported through October of 2018, so you'll have a longer time on that release.

Cheers,

Greg

L3 Networker

Ben / Greg,

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Best Regards

Andres Padilla

Best Regards
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!