What is the maximum character can filter text box can support in Palo Alto Panorama 7.1.6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

What is the maximum character can filter text box can support in Palo Alto Panorama 7.1.6

L1 Bithead

filter.PNG

8 REPLIES 8

L1 Bithead

Currently, my filter is 27,328 in length.

This gives me a “syntax error at the end of input”,  after applying the filter.

char count.PNG

I would have been more shocked if something that long actually did work. I'm unaware of what the length limit is as I've never ran into it. Out of curiosity what exactly are you trying to filter for, it seems like something that long could be narrowed down drastically. 

well I would like to filter out all my subnet and exclude it from the results.

I would try ( addr notin 172.18.0.0/15), which would exclude 172.18.0.0-172.19.255.255. 

yup, that's what I did. I have 756 subnets.

Are they closer together to the point where you can group some of them? I don't think most people really expect anybody to own 756 small differential subnets to the point where you can't get that number down drastically by combining them. 

some of them were closer and no way to narrow down the filter.

I'd say that you will likely need to raise a feature request with your SE then to actually support a longer query. If you make a future request for it make sure to tell people the number though; since features are added based somewhat on a weight system you'll need people to 'vote' for it to get it made faster. 

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!