What's mean for counter "flow_fpga_rcv_err" ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

What's mean for counter "flow_fpga_rcv_err" ?

L3 Networker

Hi guys,

Sometimes, the firewall has got a increasing drop counter simultaneously as following.

"flow_fpga_rcv_err" - Packets dropped: receive error from offload processor

packet drop : offload processor parse error

I want to know it is expected behavior or not. If it is expected behavior, Please let me know in detail.

Thanks.

Regards,

Roh

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Content inspection (for threat, AV or tunnelled application) is using FPGA.

FPGA and HFA are used to implement regex for patten matching (using Determistic finite Automata graph construction).

Hi

Thanks for response.

The counter named flow_fpga_rcv_err have been increased even if we don't have any threat prevention and data filter. Only APP-ID we've installed firewall. I think it is not expected behavior on firewall. Why my firewall works like what I mentioned?

Thanks again

Regards,

Roh

I'm not sure what exactly this counter counts.  But based on the information you have here I would probably agree with you that it may indicate some kind of issue.

Your best bet is to open an official ticket using the support link in the upper right side.  These are unofficial community support forums.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!