What version is the best to decrypt and encrypt 6.1.x vs 7.0.x

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

What version is the best to decrypt and encrypt 6.1.x vs 7.0.x

L3 Networker

Hello

I need your feedback about what version in PANOS is the best to decrypt and encrypt ?.

6.1.x vs 7.0.x

Best regards

Best Regards
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

7.0.5 is a fresh release so there is no verdict yet on it's stablity

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

from the top of my had with so little inflrmation I would say always go for the last / highest version available, unless you have really good reason not to use it?

Best regards,

Luciano

Currently I have the version 6.1.4, but I want to upgrade to 7.0.5. I readed in one  forum that  version 6.1 is much better that 7.0. So I appreciate your feedback with this.

Best regards

Best Regards

7.0.5 is a fresh release so there is no verdict yet on it's stablity

There were feature enhancements in 7.0 and additional ciphers were added, it is worth checking. There are no reports on instability of 7.0.5 either, it is just a fresh version 🙂

L5 Sessionator

7.x series supports more cipher suites for decryption. There are chances when firewall is not able to decrypt traffic because of unspported cipher suites. Check the following document. 7.0.4 is better then previous version.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/SSL-Decryption-Not-Working-due-to-Unsupport...

From what I recalled there are only 2 additional ciphers that version 7.0.X software is capable of processing over version 6.1.X software.

When version 7.1.X software comes out there's projected to be many many more supported cipher suites.  The instability you're alluding to was in PAN-OS software 7.0.3 and <.  Version 7.0.4 is far more stable, especially WTR to SSL.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!