What year is it - system logs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

What year is it - system logs

L4 Transporter

Anyone ever noticed the system logs a month and day but no year?no year.PNG

8 REPLIES 8

L7 Applicator

Oh bugger... so how will i know if it's 2018 or 1972....

Some people have had firewalls more tha none year.  Particuarly in the case of system logs, where there are not so many entries, the year is important.  I have devices that have logs reaching back to their installation date, and it is not obvious what year a log is from.

L7 Applicator

I never actually paid any attention to that, but yeah I see it now.

The full date + time are in the log itself, so you can either click on the magnifying glass to see it or you can click on the date/time link in that column to add the full timestamp (receive_time leq '2018/07/25 08:54:17).

I think it's probably a purposeful decision. The vast majority of logs on the system won't stay present for more than a year, and even if they did you wouldn't need the year visually since intermediate logs between years would indicate how many years have passed.

@Mick_Ball

your a card sooooooo. It actually does make it a bit harder to judge when things happened

@gwesson

My system logs appear to cover a couple years

Yes i suppose if you searched for a certain event or denial then your log could show this month last year as one single entry  and unless you check as per @gwesson you would be none the wiser...

well observed @jdprovine

Do you have "Start Time" column enabled?

@RobinClayton

I chose all the columns that were available to add in my version 7.1.16

• 8 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!