Why can't I connect to Palo Alto Firewall VM on Debian?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Why can't I connect to Palo Alto Firewall VM on Debian?

L0 Member

So I am trying to setup a connection on my Debian host to a Palo Alto Firewall VM on VirtualBox.

I have four adapters: one host-only, one bridged, and two internal. I am trying to connect to the host-only adapter through my host OS's FF browser.

All I am getting right now when I change my IP to same management subnet and try to connect with HTTPS via Firefox is "connection timed out."

https://ibb.co/yPW7tnb

You can see a web page in the background now but the tab to access the Firewall isn't the webpage in the background. Its in another tab and when I go to that tab it says "connection timed out."

How do I fix this so I can access my firewall VM from my host machine's web browser?

UPDATE: I added a couple more sentences on the kinds of adapters I am using. Also, its an internal network.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@ghostheadx2What's 192.168.1.10 which is set as default gateway on PA. Also can you please check if same vnics (vmnet0 or vmnet1 etc) are bind to interfaces of PA and host? Normally vnic should be same on both interfaces in order to communicate with each other.

Mayur

M
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!