WildFire file size limits

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

WildFire file size limits

L0 Member

I'm trying to figure out whether our file size limits for WildFire are set appropriately. I have been unable to find a good way to determine whether there are files that aren't being uploaded due to their size. Would that show up in our logs? I've also discovered the WildFire logs don't include a column for file size, I need to look at the detailed view of each log entry to find the size of the file uploaded which is extremely inefficient. Is there a trick I'm missing to do this analysis, or is everyone else just using the default settings?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Melissa_Walker,

The majority of places you'd be 100% safe with keeping the defaults. If you're worried about large files (though malicious files are generally smaller) then the following would be recommended. 

PE: 10 MB

APK: 30 MB

PDF: 1,000 KB

ms-office: 2,000 KB

jar: 5 MB

Flash: 5 MB

MaxOSX: 1 MB

Archive: 10 MB

Linux: 5 MB

Keeping in mind that the firewall has limited forwarding ability due to a cache size limits before forwarding actually takes place, so you really wouldn't want to set this any higher. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

We set ours to the max size on all settings. But like BPRy stated, most malware is super small.

Regards,

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!