Wildcards in Log Filtering

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Wildcards in Log Filtering

L1 Bithead

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure if if I can use wild cards when constructing a filter in Monitor -> URL Filtering.  I want to get all records that contain '@*.domain.com'.

My current filter is ( url contains '@staff.domain.com' ) what I want is ( url contains '@*domain.com' )

Can this be done?

thanks

Leigh

6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

Hey Leigh,

Sure you can do this in the URL log, but make sure you put the '.' in. So your query would look like this:

(url contains '*.domain.com')

hope this helps,

Ben

Hey thanks Ben, but unfortunately this is not returning any data??  My query is ( url contains '*.domain.com' )

but is not returning anything, however if I do ( url contians 'staff.domain.com' ) I get the data I expect.

Not sure why this is.

Hi Leigh,

I don't have a device at hand to test this at the moment unfortunately, it was my understanding that this query would work. Do you get any results when running  a custom report with the query?

thanks,

Ben

Ben,

No I get the same result even in a report.

Leigh

Hi Leigh,

I've had a chance to have a go myself, looks this you can't do this unfortunately. My advice would be to add all the sites you want to search for to a custom URL filtering category, that way you can do a search on the category. You can use wildcards in custom categories.

Regards,

Ben

L7 Applicator

I think the best you'll be able to do is this:

(url contains '@') and (url contains .domain.com)

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!