Wildfire API Quota/Limits Question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Wildfire API Quota/Limits Question

L0 Member

Hello.

A couple questions about WildFire:

1) I read here that the quota for WildFire is 1000 submissions per day. Is there a way to increase that limit (i.e. pay for larger subscription)? I didn't see anything in the documentation that mentioned that.

2) Is there a way (preferrably API) to query how much of that quota has been used at a given point in time?

Thanks,

Craig

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@BlindSquirrel ,

1) I read here that the quota for WildFire is 1000 submissions per day. Is there a way to increase that limit (i.e. pay for larger subscription)? I didn't see anything in the documentation that mentioned that.

That quota is specific to API uploads, not what your firewall is pushing to WildFire itself. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to increase that quota, but I would reach out to your account team and see if they couldn't figure out someway to accomplish this.

2) Is there a way (preferrably API) to query how much of that quota has been used at a given point in time?

Via the 'Account' tab on the WildFire portal you can view the number of API uploads and queries you have remaining for the day. Via the API you are limited to 1,000 daily uploads and 10,000 daily queries. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@BlindSquirrel ,

1) I read here that the quota for WildFire is 1000 submissions per day. Is there a way to increase that limit (i.e. pay for larger subscription)? I didn't see anything in the documentation that mentioned that.

That quota is specific to API uploads, not what your firewall is pushing to WildFire itself. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to increase that quota, but I would reach out to your account team and see if they couldn't figure out someway to accomplish this.

Via the 'Account' tab on the WildFire portal you can view the number of API uploads and queries you have remaining for the day. Via the API you are limited to 1,000 daily uploads and 10,000 daily queries. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!